Saturday, December 25, 2010

A very merry merry to one and all!

What a sunny, beachy, holiday this has been! Christmas eve was incredibly quiet in the office as everyone was already off on holiday so I "festivized" the day and put on Q107 to keep me company as I worked - lots of 'rockin' christmas tunes which got me in the spirit! Pete had the day off and surprised me with an amazing roast beef dinner. Just like home! Right before dinner, I went for a quick run along the water to stretch the legs and enjoy the beautiful day. At one point, I saw a small group of people gathered (the only remaining people in this city over the holidays!) and noticed that there were 7 stingrays all gathered right up at the shore cruising for grub! It was incredible. They're such beautiful animals and I always love watching them glide through the water (from afar!). Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me so you will just have to take my word for it!

The dinner was scrumptious. Pete outdid himself as always! After dinner, we headed down to the giant Chrstmas tree to check out the lights. It was packed with (again) the remaining people who stuck around Wellington for the holidays and we grabbed a beanbag chair and watched the amazing light show.

Christmas morning, we awoke to gorgeous sunshine and clear skies. A truly perfect day! Spent the morning opening gifties, enjoying a yummy brekkie, and relaxing. We were truly spoiled by friends and family who sent us such sweet and thoughtful gifts!

We spent the rest of the day cycling along the waterfront and tossing the disc around. At one point, we plunked ourselves down on a beach and went for a dip - something we had to do on Christmas day! :D

In the evening we enjoyed a wonderful feast with our neighbour and her lovely family. It was truly a magical and beautiful day.

It's now your turn to celebrate Santa's day back home and we are thinking of you all while you sip egg nog, open presies, and dine on feasts! We are headed to Northland for the next two weeks and look forward to reporting back upon our return.

 After work drink!

Looking through the amazing calendar from Erika! 

The biggest cracker ever!

Pete's Christmas presie! 

Holidays spent at the beach!


 Biking along the bay!


 Taking a dip on Christmas day. A first for me! 


Merry Christmas to one and all and may 2011 be the best year yet!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment