Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Safe and sound in kiwi town!

After 24 hours of flying and trekking through airports, I have finally arrived in Wellington. My new landlords were waiting for me at my new home and they are the absolute loveliest couple I have ever met. And the place! The place is beyond words. It is literally at the top of a mountain overlooking the bay and the city. It's going to be one helluva workout getting home every day. I'll certainly be in shape by the end of this whole adventure!

They provided some furniture as the place is not furnished but it's more than enough to get by - a bed a table and chairs, a small couch. The main room is quite open but that leaves me plenty of space to do yoga so I'm happy! :)

I am now wandering the streets aimlessly trying to get my bearings and stay awake so as to adjust to the time change as quickly as possible. The streets here are very quaint. It feels very much like Guelph or London - a nice break from the hustle and bustle of Toronto. I am headed to the WWF office tomorrow to meet my new team. I can't wait! We have a briefing with the agency so I'll be jumping in feet first, which is great.

Oh man - I think I need another coffee. I'm starting to wind down a wee bit. Off to find a cafe and continue my meandering!

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! So happy you are there and loving it so far. Your place sounds amazing and I can't wait to see photos!! Good luck with your first day tomorrow. Keep up the posts. Oh and Tonka is missing you but is starting to warm to me.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erinn - Peter's co-worker here (Pam, too). We're excited you started this so we can keep track of your adventures in NZ. So envious. Pete showed us pictures of the apt and it looks fantastic. Glad you made it safe and sound! ~ C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Cindy! I'm really looking forward to when Pete can finally come down and join me!
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete